"A little progress everyday adds up to big results"

Saturday 4 August 2012

My first presentation on Android application development

A surprise:
                  When I had been to internship at IIIT, Hyderabad during my fourth semester holidays, I kept reporting my work to my HOD (Dr. J. Akilandeswari) via email. She replied that it was her wish that I take a presentation on "Android application development" after my return to college, as I did my internship project on Android platform. Being a lover of sharing knowledge, I was overwhelmed with joy and immediately replied my acceptation to my HOD through mail.

Longing days:
                       After returning to my college, HOD specified a Saturday (August 4th, 2012) for doing the presentation and asked me to contact my lecturer, Mr. Murali, to make the hall arrangements. Everything were ready on 31st July and I was waiting for the day to come. At last, the day came and I did the presentation on "An introduction to Android application development" at PG auditorium of my college approximately about one hour and fifteen minutes for the 3rd year IT students. 

Presentation:
                         This was the first time in my life doing a continuous presentation for more than an hour. Though I had stage fear during previous presentations and seminars, I couldn't find stage fear in myself during this presentation (might be because, I was doing announcements in different classes the previous week, regarding programming club, Aspirations - a programming contest conducted by Infosys every year and was taking classes in the programming club of my college). I think because of my confidence, I could explain clearly, whatever I intended to tell.

Feedback:
                        Some of my friends appreciated my confidence, professionalism and accent. Some added that they could understand the concepts very clearly, though they have attended Android workshops. Because of the lack of time, I could not complete explaining whatever I had prepared. But then, I was happy about the feedback given by my friends. I should really thank my HOD for giving me such a golden opportunity.

"Practice makes a man perfect"

No comments:

Post a Comment