"A little progress everyday adds up to big results"

Tuesday 10 July 2012

My visit to Golconda fort

Preparation:                  
                      I had booked train ticket to return on 11th July, to Salem from Hyderabad (where I went for my summer research fellowship). I had completed my project and report work on 9th July. So, I decided to visit Golconda fort on 10th July. As usual, I noted down the guidelines to reach the fort from IIIT, where I was doing my fellowship project, by seeing google maps.

Travel:
                   There was no direct but to Golconda. Since, the buses were much crowded, I reached a place called 'Shekpet Nala' through mini taxi, which is one of the famous modes of transport in Hyderabad. I was charged Rs. 10. Then, when I inquired auto to go to Golconda from Shekpet, they asked for Rs. 70. Neglecting them, I started walking towards the bus stop. Then, an auto-man asked me whether I was going to Golconda fort. When I replied in positive, he said that he would take me there for Rs. 20. I accepted. He dropped me in a place called Tolichowki, got Rs. 10 and asked me to get another auto from there, which will cost another 10 rupees. I did as he said and reached Golconda finally.

The fort:
                By paying the entry fee of Rs. 5, I entered the fort. The fort is like a big city, with many ups and downs, rocks and building structures. I could see a temple, olden day jail, etc. When I was walking alone, I saw a long, but thin, snake crawling in the walls. Though the snake was at a distance, I was a bit scared and vacated that place instantly. On one side of the fort, the people are doing poojas by killing goats and cocks.

Departure:
                    The fort consists of several steps to reach on to the top for enjoying the city's beauty. I couldn't go all along the top at a stretch, as it was panting. So, I sat on the rocks in between several times. After enjoying the olden structures, I boarded a bus to reach Mehdipatnam (one of the famous bus stands in Hyderabad) and from there, I reached IIIT at 2:30 pm, as I had to pack my things for returning to Salem, the next day.

"Whatever may be the modern structures, people still like olden structures also"

No comments:

Post a Comment